GoalMinds, Inc. provides a variety of services such as mentoring, training, and masterminding. Jo Condrill was invited to become a member of a mastermind team for Think and Grow Rich the Movie. She participated on the three-person panel for The Mastermind Alliance session in the Napoleon Hill Foundation recording of Napoleon Hill’s 17 Principles of Success:Inspirational Interviews on How to Put the Napoleon Hill Philosophy to Work in Your Life for the Nightingale-Conant Corporation. She can be heard in the Mastery series in the Exceptional People Magazine produced by Monica Davis. http://www.exceptionalmag.com/the-masters/
Jo’s services include:
- Forming mastermind groups
It can be very difficult to find a group that can develop into an effective mastermind group whether the group has a single focus or each member is focused on his or her own goals. Building trust and confidence among an assorted group of people takes time. Yet it is necessary so that each participant can feel they are making progress and not simply wasting time. We can help you.
- Mentoring mastermind groups to raise personal productivity and satisfaction.
When a group becomes too comfortable, it may be tempted to loosen up. Conversation sometimes turns to social activities or sports and loses focus on the main purpose of a mastermind group, to share specialized knowledge in a spirit of trust and harmony. When all minds are focused on one issue, inspiration is allowed in through infinite intelligence. Fairness requires that each member has time to be heard by presenting their ideas. The group may need the services of a mentor for a short time to get back on track or to take the group to a higher level. We can help you.
- Writing and publishing
Experienced writers know that thinking of writing a book, writing a book, then publishing it develops into far more than they envisioned in the first place whether or not they are an independent publisher.
Find the eBook The MasterMind Alliance: Relationships That Can Make You Money here: http://mastermindmanual.com
This class focuses on the corporate or personal vision and mission and the participant’s responsibility to produce results in support of them. We focus on putting theory into action — Attendees will
- Be able to develop a vision statement that ties into the overall vision and mission to establish a point of focus for their area of responsibility. This will help get “buy in” from others in the unit and reduce frustrations caused by changing political climates.
- Develop a strategy for achieving the mission
- Set specific goals and milestones.
- Leave with an action plan.
Results of this class are measurable. “Fantastic!” says National Park Service, Program Manager for Supervision, Management, Leadership Training.
Cultural Competencies for Leaders
This seminar is designed to provide leaders, managers, and supervisors with the skills to motivate and capitalize on the benefits of a multicultural workplace. As a result of this class, participants will be able to:
- Create a safe forum to discuss differences.
- Experiment with a common language to discuss interpersonal differences.
- Comprehend a better, simpler model to understand the complex issue of workplace diversity.
- Formulate a defined process through which to address diversity issues.
- Create a culture of receptiveness and acceptance.
Visual aids, assessments, case studies, small and large group discussions, and workplace scenarios are utilized in this seminar.
Business Writing Skills for Professionals
Effective writing makes the process of decision-making easier. Participants gain confidence in their writing by having individual attention given to their work. As a result of attending this class, participants will be able to:
- Find the right words more easily.
- Compose memos, reports, briefings, and other writings that achieve a stated purpose.
- Write more clearly and more powerfully, which will enable them to be more convincing and help them avoid misunderstandings.
In an interactive, participatory session, this class will have feedback on their written work and learn the value of rewriting and using precise words. This class provides the training needed to comply with the Executive Memorandum requiring Plain English in Government Writing.
Presentation Skills for Leaders
People take it for granted that leaders have achieved some skill in public speaking. Yet anxiety persists because leaders face very challenging situations and have a great risk of embarrassment. As a result of attending this practical and highly interactive program, participants will be able to:
- Get better control of their nervousness and emotions and become more confident.
- Organize presentations for understanding and clarity, increasing the effectiveness of their “call to action.”
- Accentuate their messages with body language.
- Strengthen their messages with vocal variety.
- Skillfully use audio and video aids in their presentations. Participants will practice developing and presenting speeches. Recommendations for improvement will be provided after each presentation. We take the subject matter experts and enhance their presentation skills.
Service begins with the very first impression we create when we meet a client, whether it is in-person, on the phone, or in a written communication such as an e-mail, a text, a note or letter, or a brochure. It takes only a few seconds for an observer to form opinions of us. Managers are service providers just as associates who are dealing directly with the public. As a result of this class students will be able to:
- Lead a dissatisfied customer’s conversation to arrive at a better understanding of the problem and diffuse possible hostility.
- Listen to show respect and provide appropriate non-threatening responses.
- Apply questioning techniques that lead to a common understanding.
- Assess their attitude toward their customers.
- Reduce stress for themselves and their customers.