GoalMinds, Inc. provides expert advice, assistance, guidance and consulting in support of mission-oriented business functions. This may include:
- Executive and management coaching services
- Management and strategy consulting
- Studies, analyses, scenarios, and reports relating to mission-oriented business programs or initiatives, such as defense studies, educational studies, regulatory or policy studies and preparedness studies
- Strategic planning
- Policy and regulation development assistance
- Program planning and evaluations
- Customized business training as needed to successfully perform or complete a consulting engagement
GoalMinds, Inc. has teamed with AfCI Inc., (the Alliance for Continuous Improvement) to present their High Performance Organization (HPO21) two-day seminar. AfCI has an excellent track record working with many of the top Government and Commercial organizations in the United States. Their customer base exceeds 20,000 users in 250 organizations – most of which are large, well-known organizations of all sizes. They have trained and equipped these customers with the easy to use and implement policies, practices and tools for continuous improvement.
Our staff facilitates meetings of two or more people, serving as a neutral party to lead participants to a common ground, move them forward in accomplishing their mission. Facilitators may serve as meeting planner and coordinator. They are experienced in decision making processes and capable of formulating agendas, and presenting written and oral reports after the meeting event.
DESCRIPTION OF OFF-THE-SHELF TRAINING CLASSES
Take Charge Success Strategies
This class focuses on the corporate vision and mission and the participant's responsibility to produce results in support of them. We focus on putting theory into action — Attendees will
1) Be able to develop a vision statement that ties into the overall agency vision and mission to establish a point of focus for their area of responsibility. This will help get "buy in" from others in the unit and reduce frustrations caused by changing political climates.
2) Develop a strategy for achieving their mission.
3) Discover their preferred listening style and its affect on their success based on the Inscape Personal Listening Profile.®
4) Set specific goals and milestones.
5) Leave with an action plan.
Results of this class are measurable. "Fantastic!" says National Park Service, Program Manager for Supervision, Management, Leadership Training.
In the 21st Century work environment, strong leadership is prerequisite, not optional. In this class participants develop leadership skills required of managers, team leaders, supervisors, and potential leaders, for high productivity, job satisfaction, and performance improvement. Participants learn the core competencies that the Office of Personnel Management values in senior leaders. Students will be able to:
1) Enhance their ability to delegate effectively.
2) Be aware of the behavior they are modeling and make appropriate modifications.
3) Make use of situational leadership.
4) Communicate to empower and motivate.
5) Select the best way to develop followers.
This workshop is designed to provide participants with mental models and experiential activities to understand and capitalize on today's multicultural workforce.
Supervisory Boot Camp: Making the Transition to Management a Smooth One
New managers are often caught off guard by the reactions of their employees and colleagues, however much of this reaction is "typical." By preparing new managers, they can shorten their learning curve and increase their effectiveness. Strong leadership often increases productivity and enhances morale. Through the topics in Supervisory Boot Camp, new managers gain both confidence and respect, both of which are critical for their future. This course will help new and experienced managers become better managers.
Conflict often divides organizations and departments rather than uniting them. Conflict can cause low morale, low motivation and high job stress. As a result of this class, participants will be able to:
1) Identify their preferred behavior style using the Inscape DiSC® Profile which has over 30 years proven reliability with over 40 million users.
2) Analyze the effect of their behavior on others.
3) Choose areas for further personal growth.
4) Classify the behavior style exhibited by others, which will enable the manager to choose courses of action more effectively.
5) Diagnose conflict and resolve it constructively thereby creating a better work environment. When managed effectively, conflict can lead to new ideas, creativity, and a stronger team effort.
Coaching and Feedback Skills
This course, designed for managers, team leaders and supervisors, will help them create a work environment where all employees use their maximum potential and participate in process improvement. Some say that great managers are born with an innate ability to coach and counsel others. That may be true, but it has been demonstrated that almost everyone can learn the skills needed to create an environment where all employees succeed. Through role playing and demonstrations, participants will have the opportunity to practice giving feedback and helping employees using performance counseling.
Education Coordinator, National Association of the Remodeling Industry
Cultural Competencies for Leaders
This seminar is designed to provide leaders, managers, and supervisors with the skills to motivate and capitalize on the benefits of a multicultural workplace. As a result of this class, participants will be able to:
1) Create a safe forum to discuss differences.
2) Experiment with a common language to discuss interpersonal differences.
3) Comprehend a better, simpler model to understand the complex issue of workplace diversity.
4) Formulate a defined process through which to address diversity issues.
5) Create a culture of receptiveness and acceptance.
Visual aids, assessments, case studies, small and large group discussions, and workplace scenarios are utilized in this seminar.
Whether it is between countries, employees, customers, neighbors or family members, any time two or more people have a different idea or perspective, negotiation skills are needed. The good news is that despite the circumstances, the same set of skills is required for all types of negotiations. Thus, those people who have honed their skills, accomplish their goals and negotiate as winners. Theories developed by Shell, Cialdini, Brodie, Ury and Fisher will be highlighted through role plays and exercises. Each class member will assess the natural skills they already possess as negotiators and they will develop an action plan for continued growth.
Hiring Future Leaders
Hiring the best applicant for the job is one of the most important tasks managers face. In addition to assembling a dynamic and synergistic team with the new hire decision, it is also imperative that the legalities associated with hiring are adhered to strictly. Inappropriate questions often tell educated applicants that this interviewer is either not well informed or not respectful of the law. Applicants may become bitter and take legal action. Either reaction is costly for the hiring manager as well as the agency. This course, will prepare government managers for one of their most important jobs-selection of the future work force.
Title: Florida Degrees
Description: Find degree programs, courses and certification assistance for Florida state. Start your research at Florida Degrees.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS Contact Us
Business Writing Skills for Professionals
Effective writing makes the process of decision-making easier. Participants gain confidence in their writing by having individual attention given to their work. As a results of attending this class, participants will be able to:
1) Find the right words more easily.
2) Compose memos, reports, briefings, and other writings that achieve a stated purpose.
3) Write more clearly and more powerfully, which will enable them to be more convincing and help them avoid misunderstandings.
In an interactive, participatory session, this class will have feedback on their written work and learn the value of rewriting and using precise words. This class provides training needed to comply with the Executive Memorandum requiring Plain English in Government Writing.
Presentation Skills for Leaders
People take it for granted that leaders have achieved some skill in public speaking. Yet anxiety persists because leaders face very challenging situations and have a great risk of embarrassment. As a result of attending this practical and highly interactive program, participants will be able to:
1) Get better control of their nervousness and emotions and become more confident.
2) Organize presentations for understanding and clarity, increasing the effectiveness of their "call to action."
3) Accentuate their messages with body language.
4) Strengthen their messages with vocal variety.
5) Skillfully use audio and video aids in their presentations. Participants will practice developing and presenting speeches. Recommendations for improvement will be provided after each presentation. We take the subject matter experts and enhance their presentation skills.
Effective communication skills are the mark of an achiever. This class addresses the total communication process--the thoughts, emotions, and skills that are essential for active listening and straight talking. The strongest influence on the quality and outcome of all communications is the ability to listen effectively. Participants will actively engage in a learning process that includes lecture, discussions, and role-playing, paraphrasing and question-asking.
Enhancing Communication Skills
Good communication skills reduce conflicts, disharmony, and confusion and result in higher productivity, job satisfaction and superior performance. Managers, team leaders, and executives learn how to maximize their individual leadership success and the effectiveness of those with whom they communicate by practicing and receiving feedback and coaching in class. The ability to communicate successfully with others facilitates group cohesion, reduces time wasting misunderstandings, and guarantees completion of directives. A copy of the best-selling book by Jo Condrill and Bennie Bough, Ph.D., 101 Ways to Improve Your Communication Skills Instantly, will be provided for each participant.
Office of Equal Employment Opportunity, Headquarters, Department of the Army
Service begins with the very first impression we create when we meet a client, whether it is in person, on the telephone, or in a written communication, such as an e-mail, a note or letter, a brochure, or a policy manual. It takes only a few seconds for an observer to form opinions of us. Managers are service providers just as associates who are dealing directly with the public. As a result of this class students will be able to:
1) Lead a dissatisfied customer’s conversation to arrive at a better understanding of the problem and diffuse possible hostility.
2) Listen more affectively, show respect, and provide appropriate, non-threatening responses.
3) Apply questioning techniques that lead to a common understanding.
4) Assess their attitude toward their customers.
5) Reduce stress for themselves and their customers.
Client may request associated consulting services to provide advance sampling of service currently provided and assessment one month after course is completed.
Team Leader Performance Improvement
High performance organizations are team-based, high learning, and multi-disciplinary, working under severe time restraints and competitive pressures. This seminar presents time tested team leader processes and methods that allow senior executives, managers, and individuals to rethink their strategies and tactics. As a result of this program, participants will be able to:
1) Identify their individual approach to teamwork.
2) Clarify roles and reinforce strengths of all team members.
3) Understand and encourage team innovation and problem solving.
4) Achieve high-performance team results through effective individual contributions.
5) Display leadership attributes in an organizational structure that is not hierarchical.
Find degree programs, courses and certification assistance for Florida state. Start your research at Florida Degrees.